Re: isearch transient msgs (e.g. case insensitive) - users to be able to

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch transient msgs (e.g. case insensitive) - users to be able to adjust the sit-for time
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:19:09 +0300

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
> Any chance users could be able to adjust (via an option) the sit-for time
> for the transient display of isearch messages like "case insensitive"?
>
> In Emacs 20, such messages persisted slightly longer - long enough to see
> them :-). How about either increasing the sit-for delay or letting users
> adjust it themselves? Such messages go away when you type anyway, so why be
> so stingy on the time to see them?

I don't see too much places where `sit-for' is used with a constant
value in isearch.el.  Actually, there are only two such places:
`isearch-toggle-case-fold' and `isearch-complete'.  I think that
`minibuffer-message-timeout' is an appropriate user option for them:

          (sit-for (or isearch-original-minibuffer-message-timeout
                       minibuffer-message-timeout
                       0))

--
Juri Linkov