emacs-unicode: `Encoded-kbd' weirdness during batch-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: emacs-unicode: `Encoded-kbd' weirdness during batch-mode
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:24:33 +0900

I have a feeling the following shouldn't happen:

   $ emacs --version
   GNU Emacs 22.0.0.7
   GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
   You may redistribute copies of Emacs
   under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
   For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

   $ echo $LANG
   ja_JP.UTF-8

   $ make -C /usr/local/build/emacs/unicode/lisp recompile
   make: Entering directory `/usr/local/build/emacs/unicode/lisp'
   ../src/emacs -batch --no-site-file --multibyte -f batch-byte-compile
/usr/local/src/emacs/unicode/lisp/progmodes/cc-mode.el
   Unsupported coding system in Encoded-kbd mode: utf-8
   make: *** [/usr/local/src/emacs/unicode/lisp/progmodes/cc-mode.elc] エラー 255
   make: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/emacs/unicode/lisp'

Compilation succeeds if I do `LANG=C' first.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!