Re: vc-version-other-window

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc-version-other-window
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:05:29 -0400

> vc-version-other-window seems to be losing small chunk(s) of
> files. To reproduce it, retrieve the working version of gdb-ui.el or
> fortran.el with this command (see a diff below). I think an earlier thread
> discussed a similar problem with a different command. I've not noticed
> this problem before but I'm baffled because it seems to also happen with
> an old Emacs (21.2).

Known bad interaction between SSH, CVS and libc.
The problem is independent from Emacs.

You can use the script below as your CVS_RSH to work around the bug:

  #!/bin/sh
  (ssh "$@" 2>&1 1>&3 | cat) 3>&1 1>&2

A recent discussion about it on the CVS mailing list can be found around
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-cvs/2004-09/msg00008.html

        Stefan