Re: not too happy with Emacs 21 vertical-line dragging when scrollbars p

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: not too happy with Emacs 21 vertical-line dragging when scrollbars present
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 13:26:12 -0400

>     It would be much better if we could find a way to just drag the
>     scroll-bar.

> Dragging in the scroll bar has another meaning.

I could imagine distinguishing the act of dragging (vertically) the thumb in
the scrollbar from the act of dragging (horizontally) the actual scrollbar.

Emacs could use different mouse buttons to tell which action is desired.
The problem is that Emacs doesn't see any of those events anyway since
they're all handled directly by the toolkit that provides the scrollbar.

        Stefan