Re: address@hidden: tex-mode: too many _ (underscores) interpreted as su

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: tex-mode: too many _ (underscores) interpreted as subscripts]
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:43:45 -0400

    In 2003, Carsten Dominik assigned "all right and title" in texmathp.el
    to the FSF (for program Emacs), after having previously assigned all
    past and future changes to it (also for program Emacs).  But
    texmathp.el is not even part of Emacs, whether released or in CVS.  As
    far as I can see, it is only distributed with AUCTeX at the moment.
    Does that mean that we can change the copyright notice in AUCTeX to be
    FSF only without Carsten having to sign for AUCTeX specifically?

If he signed an assignment that clearly applies to texmathp.el
then we should change the copyright notice.

We could also put the file into Emacs now if that makes things
clearer.

    Should tex-mode.el be made to rely on texmathp.el if that improves
    things?

if we put it into Emacs then yes tex-mode.el can use it.