Re: [rmail-mbox-branch]: mail-utils

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [rmail-mbox-branch]: mail-utils
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:36:03 +0200

Alexander Pohoyda <address@hidden> writes:

> Wouldn't it be good to have these two things clearly separated?

I support this.  Although I don't know whether using mm is all that
problematic.  I don't think the user need to use mm just because
rfc*.el uses it.  Modularizing files from Gnus is generally a good
thing.

As an aside, Lars once said, on the topic of rfc*.el, that "RFCs
wither and die, lisp is forever", arguing against rfc*.el as the name
of lisp files.  Instead, the RFC 2047 functionality could be moved
into qp.el, RFC 2231 could be moved into (say) encoded-word.el, etc.
One reason is that RFC numbers are obsoleted once in a while.