Re: [patch] Prevent passwords from being display in shell mode

From: Detlev Zundel
Subject: Re: [patch] Prevent passwords from being display in shell mode
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:43:49 +0200

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone see a problem in this patch?
> One thing I wonder about is whether it is reliable enough
> in recognizing when to operate.

I don't see a problem - on the contrary.  Let's define this as a
default behaviour so it will be a bug when a situation is not
discovered correctly.  Offhand I can't remember a situation where it
failed.

Thanks
  Detlev

--
Test applications  with a variety of tools.  Don't assume everything works if
you've tested  with only  one client.  Also, assume the low end of technology