Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:59:12 -0400

    However, in common Web browsers, the mouse button to activate such a link or
    button is mouse-1, not mouse-2. What bugs me is that the index-finger
    pointer suggests to me to use mouse-1, because the index finger (wired, in
    my head, to mouse-1) is the one doing the pointing.

Mouse-1 can't do that.  Mouse-1 in Emacs is a general Emacs command
that is meanigful anywhere in the buffer.

Anyway, this is not the time to change features.