Re: New underlining of xrefs in Info.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New underlining of xrefs in Info.
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:13:09 -0400

    > This is killed and yanked and thus changed.  You will see `(see Key
    >      Sequence Input)
    >
    > with `Key Sequence Input' underlined.  Fine.  But the indentation at
    > the beginning of the line is underlined too.  There are tons of
    > similar occurrences all over the place.  Am I the only one who feels
    > that this looks weird?  It is true that if you press RET inside the
    > indentation, you _will_ follow the reference, so maybe it is
    > intentional.

    If the face of the space has underline property, the spaces are underlined.

    Maybe we need a different type of underline that only underlines non-space
    characters.  That wouldn't be too difficult I think.

What about space characters in the middle of the name?  Do we
want them not to be underlined?

If we want to make this change, we could just leave the property off
the spaces we don't want to be underlined--right?