Re: Setting file-name/process coding system from LANG

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Setting file-name/process coding system from LANG
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:51:40 -0400

> Then a user can't recover that original setting when he once
> switch to, e.g., Latin-1.  Just switching back to Japanese
> can't setup coding systems for utf8.

M-x set-locale-environment RET

In my experience set-locale-environment has always been closer to what
I wanted to do than set-language-environment.
It also has the advantage of having a meaning outside of Emacs and of
conveniently separate the issue of language from the issue of coding-system.

        Stefan