Re: simple patch for `align.el'

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: simple patch for `align.el'
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:17:06 -0700

Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> writes:

> then select this region and `M-x align' it.  The first line will
> have a space followed by a tab, which is not good and is frowned
> upon by the `whitespace' module.  The simple patch below fixes this.

The patch looks fine enough to me.  Just take care that the deletion
does not adversely affect any markers.  I remember having lots of
subtle bugs with that in the past.  I'd advise testing this change
across a reasonably large file, and then diff'ing to make sure that
only the desired fix results.

John