Re: gnus/html2text.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gnus/html2text.el
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:35:28 -0400

>>> Perhaps we should arrange for byte-compile to warn about use
>>> of these functions from Lisp code.  What do people think of that?
>>
>> That sounds like a good idea.  We need a way to cleanly turn off the
>> message, but for end-of-buffer we can use (call-interactively
>> 'end-of-buffer).

>  (with-no-warnings (end-of-buffer))

OK, that's a possibility.  It would be better to have something more
specific so that it is clear what is happening.  Specificity becomes
relevant in cases like:

   (with-no-warnings (ent-of-buffer))

which will not give you the warning you'd want to get.
Maybe `with-no-warnings' should take an extra argument listing the kind of
warning to ignore.

        Stefan