Re: gud breakage: ^done,changelist=[]

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gud breakage: ^done,changelist=[]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:43:17 +1300

 > I also see the flood of frames-invalid from time to time when
 > debugging emacs -- I reported that a long time ago.

Having looked at Jan's log, I think I know what is happening now.  I think the
problem occurs when the user enters the next gdb command before the previous
one has finished. This real-time aspect to the problem would explain why the
bug might be hard to reproduce.

Jan, can you tell me if the bug is still there, even if you step through
lilypond slowly.

So, in the short term, with care (albeit tedious), this problem should be
avoidable. In the longer term, I'll try to sort it.

Nick

FWIW, the offending code is:

(defun gdb-send (proc string)
  "A comint send filter for gdb.
This filter may simply queue output for a later time."
  (if gud-running
      (process-send-string proc (concat string "\n")
    (gdb-enqueue-input (concat string "\n")))

If gud-running is non-nil, the input jumps the code. This was meant to
allow input to the inferior, but will also occur if the user has fast
fingers e.g presses <RET> before the previous step has finished.