Re: alarm_signal_handler is called too frequently

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: alarm_signal_handler is called too frequently
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:08:55 -0500

    I can't say why the do_timer argument is different, the modification was
made
    by you almost 2 years ago:

Judging by the date when I made the change, I was probably looking at
bug reports saved up from the previous months.  I didn't mail the
patch to anyone at the time.

Perhaps it has to do with y-or-n-p-with-timeout.
Can that operate with a dialog?  If so, it now won't work
correctly; the timeout will be ignored.  We could make
the timeout work once again using some other mechanism,
I guess.