Re: non-blocking connect

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: non-blocking connect
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:21:57 +0100

Jochem Kossen <address@hidden> writes:

> So, the things i suspect might have something to do with it:
>  - chunksize (what does the default do in comparison with values like
>    500/1024/2048)? I read the documentation, but it doesn't mention
>    what tramp does if it's set to nil.

Setting tramp-chunksize to 500 means that Tramp will send 500 bytes of
data, then wait a bit before sending the next chunk of data.

Setting tramp-chunksize to nil means that Tramp will send all of the
data at once, unchunked, so to speak.  (For instance, for writing a
file via base64 inline encoding, Tramp would base64-encode the buffer
contents, then send the whole encoded buffer to the remote end at once
with a single process-send-region invocation.)

Kai