Re: completing-read case problem

From: Markus Rost
Subject: Re: completing-read case problem
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:52:44 -0500

> I did not follow this thread in detail, but I believe that what you
> are complaining about is the _case of the returned result_ if there is
> a match and the search is case insensitive.

Well, yes, I was complaining that sometimes the result is not a member
of TABLE or does not satisfy PREDICATE.  For instance if PREDICATE is

   (lambda (s) (eq s 'Hello))

then any result ought to be EXACTLY 'Hello and neither 'hello nor
'HELLO are allowed, even in a caSe-inSenSitive search.  Anything else
would be confusing for a programmer, I think.

>  I do not believe that
> there still are problems with finding out correctly whether or not
> there is a match.

I did not see any problem of this kind.