Re: spaces in isearch

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: spaces in isearch
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:52:18 +0200

Harald Maier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I wrote these changes to isearch.el that take advantage of the new
>> search feature I just installed.  It fixes the bug, but has a
>> drawback: C-q SPC would no longer work as a way to search for a
>> literal space.  One would need to write [ ].  This is actually more
>> logical, but some users might be accustomed to C-q SPC.  What do
>> people think?
>
> If I now use '^ +A' in an interactive regexp search then emacs hangs
> in the minibuffer. In a version from October 17 it doesn't happen.

Are you sure this didn't happen before October 17?  From what I see,
quite contrary: Richard's changes were intended to fix the same bug
as you reported.  But they are not even installed to CVS (though it's
strange that there is a ChangeLog entry already for uninstalled change).
So you can't see the effect of changes in isearch.el unless you applied
the proposed patch to your local source tree.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/