Re: list-colors-display: display all color names

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: list-colors-display: display all color names
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:29:09 +0200

>     I think that placing them at the right window edge would not be
>     distracting.
>
> I agree, but note you'd need to handle the case where the list of
> aliases is too long and goes past that column.

There is no problem if #RRGGBB goes past that column: isearch still
can find it, and the user can see and copy the text after doing C-e.

What may cause a problem is `with-output-to-temp-buffer' which
displays the buffer only after color names are printed into it.
This makes problematic the use of the value of `window-width'
during inserting the text into the *Colors* buffer.  One solution
is to move the printing the #RRGGBB values at the right window edge
to `temp-buffer-show-hook' where `window-width' returns the right
value for the displayed output window.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/