Re: Emacs 21.3.50.1 (CVS sources) MacOS X tex-mode bug

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.3.50.1 (CVS sources) MacOS X tex-mode bug
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:16:25 -0800

I added a new variable called operating-system-release (to editfns.c) that returns the string that would be returned "uname -r" on systems with sys/utsname defined.

I changed mac-win.el to use ptys on darwin 7 and higher (i.e. OSX 10.3) based on this variable. Since builds on 10.2 and 10.3 are binary compatible (unlike 10.1) this is the only way to tell the difference.

-Steven