Re: Parital scrolling of image

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Parital scrolling of image
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:57:21 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
>> A brief message to let you know that I've started to look into
>> the problem of scrolling through images that are higher/wider
>> than the current window.
>>
>> I've already have a working solution for tall images.
>>
>> I still need to look at wide images.
>
> Don't C-x < and C-x > provide all one needs for wide images?

You are right that the functionality is there, so it is not
_necessary_ to do anything.

However these commands do "window-size scroll" rather than "column scroll".

With my patch C-n and C-p scrolls an image one line at a time, so I
think C-f and C-b should scroll one column for consistency...

But I guess this enhancement can wait until after the release
(it is pretty complex to achieve as it must not interfere with
the normal forward-char and backward-char functions.)

So for the moment I'll concentrate on scrolling tall images.