Re: Eliminating "changed in Emacs outside of Customize"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Eliminating "changed in Emacs outside of Customize"
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 01:40:12 -0500

    The problem also does not occur if you do not autoload the defcustom.
    That will become more difficult.  Indeed, `custom-set-variables' used
    to (actually still does, I believe) keep track of :require's using
    stuff like:

    '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-core))

    where (font-core) says to load the file "font-core".

This feature is used only for defcustoms that specify :require.
Very few defcustoms that are explicitly present in the source
use :require.  Mostly the defcustoms that use :require are
generated by macroexpansion of define-minor-mode.

So what I want to do is change the way define-minor-mode works.
That would not require finding and checking the explicit defcustoms.