Re: grep /dev/null

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: grep /dev/null
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 03:10:53 -0500

    With respect to compile, I posted a patch back in October 1996 that
    defines a new variable (compile-disable-input) and sends an EOF to the
    compilation process if it is non-nil (which it is, by default).  I also
    posted a compilation-mode-hook function (compile-enable-input) that
    allows the user to run compilations that require input by emulating
    comint-mode in the *compilation* buffer.

Could you adapt these to the current version of compile.el?