Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard [new patch]

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard [new patch]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:19:39 -0800 (PST)

I suppose Benjamin is too busy lately.

Tue, 8 Feb 2005 01:04:32 -0800: "Jason Rumney" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Is there any reason why this patch cannot make into CVS?  I really
> > wish it be a part of the next release.
>
> The last mail I have regarding it is about a memory leak you found.
> Benjamin was going to look at it, but I haven't heard anything back.

I suspect there maybe some relationship between clipboard operation
and the memory leak but I don't have conclusive evidence.  Funny thing
is I haven't seen the same clipboard problem recently, I don't
remember when I saw it last time.  I may have changed my pattern of
clipboard usage.  I don't know.

My point is since I've been using Benjamin's patch for a couple of
month and haven't experienced any catastrophic problem I think it is
worth putting his patch into CVS so that more eyes can hunt for the
potentially hidden bug before the next release.

-Tak