Re: Further problem with recent changes to custom-magic-alist.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Further problem with recent changes to custom-magic-alist.
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:42:39 -0500

    You have set this %c and saved it through Customize in your init file.

    This is too long.  It produces lots of ugly continuation lines.
    It also is inaccurate if custom-file is non-nil.

Telling the user the value has been saved in the init file may help
users understand what is going on.  That is useful.  As for the case
where custom-file is non-nil, that is comparatively unimportant.
Being helpful in the usual case is a higher priority than being
accurate when the user has changed things.

I thought about replacing "init file" with some other term such as
"custom file", so as to be accurate in all cases, but that just
isn't common Emacs terminology and it won't be as clear.

So I think the best way to shorten this is to delete "through
Customize".  That too is unfortunate to lose, but better than
the other alternatives.