mime in RMAIL

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: mime in RMAIL
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:48:43 +0000 (UTC)

Today's GNU Emacs CVS snapshot, Wed, 2005 Feb 23  13:33 UTC
GNU Emacs 22.0.50.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.4.14)
started with

    /usr/local/src/emacs/src/emacs -Q

I started RMAIL with `M-x rmail RET' and then visted a message with a
screen shot,

    --22.Feb.2005mysteryboxofun

and then evaluated

    (setq rmail-enable-mime t)

When I looked in the *Message* buffer, it said  t .

However, I could figure out what to do next, so I ran `M-x rmail RET'
again.  This time, the *Message* buffer said

    Feature `rmail-mime' not provided
    (No new mail has arrived)

I recursively searched for `rmail-mime' in and below the CVS emacs/
directory and could not find any instances in addition to the defvar
for it.  I could not find any mention of `rmail-mime' in either the
Emacs or the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference manuals, either.

With RMAIL, what am I supposed to do besides load and use the
non-standard charset.el and rmime-1.2.el files (which enabled me to
see the image fine)?

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8