Re: `texinfo-format-buffer' doesn't fold long lines

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `texinfo-format-buffer' doesn't fold long lines
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:42:53 +0200

> Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:32:31 +0900
> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > There's already such a means: the @documentencoding directive.  What
> > is missing is support for multibyte encodings.
>
> I already tried it and failed.  The line
>
> @documentencoding ISO-2022-JP
>
> is not effective in the Japanese text encoded by the iso-2022-jp
> coding system.

But I just told you: the support for multibyte encodings is missing.
In other words, I already know that ISO-2022-JP is not supported;
someone should add that support, before ISO-2022-JP encoded files will
begin to work in Texinfo.

> Is the makeinfo v4.8 too old?

It's the latest, but ISO-2022-JP support is not part of it (and I
don't think anyone is working on adding such a support).  Maybe you
could find a volunteer among Japanese users of Texinfo.