Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:16:32 +0000

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> For example, I just ran `camorama' and it has a solid cursor.

I don't see how a video capture program could be considered a model
for how a text editor should work. Try gedit or kate or something.

> The option should return to what it was,     (blink-cursor-mode 0)

We made the decision to make blinking the default long ago, and wasted
lots of time discussing it then. We don't need to spend more time
discussing it further now.

> but if not that, then the blinking cursor should be easy to turn off
> when you do not have a .emacs file and have not yet learned how to
> write one.

I would not object to putting it into the Show/Hide submenu (renamed
if there is general agreement on that) along with fringes and other
new features that people love to hate, but the top level of the
Options menu already has too many options in it.