Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:51:55 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> M-g could display a message:

> Go to: line, M-g = line, char, file, next error, prev error, Other...

> and have a keymap with the following key bindings:

> M-g M-g   - goto-line
> M-g l     - goto-line
> M-g c     - goto-char
> M-g f     - dired-goto-file
> M-g n     - next-error (goto-next-locus)
> M-g M-n   - next-error (goto-next-locus)
> M-g p     - previous-error
> M-g M-p   - previous-error

This is a very good idea.  However, Dired users are probably used to M-g
not being a prefix key since it's been bound to dired-goto-file in
Dired-X for as long as I can remember (more than 11 years, says CVS).

That being said, I'm very much in favor of this change--especially the
bindings you suggest for next-error and previous-error.

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | With your feet in the air and
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | your head on the ground.