Re: Putting auto-image-file-mode in Options menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Putting auto-image-file-mode in Options menu
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:37:27 +0900

> What do people think?  Here's the code to do it.
> (But I wonder, was there some reason why Miles implemented
> this feature using a file name handler instead of with a major mode?)

There was an explicit reason, but I don't remember what it is anymore;
perhaps some google searching would reveal something.  [One thing is
that it works with "insert-file" too, whereas obviously a major-mode
doesn't; but I don't think that was the only reason.]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.