Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Key binding M-g should really be goto-line
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:27:33 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> I see `goto-line' finally bound to M-g in CVS.  Good news!
> After such a big change, it is time now for a few improvements.

Now that Richard has changed M-g to be a prefix key, can we implement
this plan?

We already have:

M-g M-g   - goto-line
M-g g     - goto-line

The candidates are:

M-g c     - goto-char
M-g n     - next-error (goto-next-locus)
M-g M-n   - next-error (goto-next-locus)
M-g p     - previous-error
M-g M-p   - previous-error

Undecided:

M-g f     - dired-goto-file? (doesn't work in non-Dired buffers)
M-g j     - Kim's find-file-and-line-near-point?
M-g j     - dired-jump? (or a similar function which prompts for a file
            name)

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | Why did you kill that poor
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | old man, melody? She said,