Re: file-name-shadow-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: file-name-shadow-mode
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:30:07 -0600 (CST)

Miles Bader wrote:

   A flaw whose only effect is to make the prompt slightly less clear
   that it could be?

A flaw that might give people the false impression that `$' after /
has the same effect as / or ~ after /.

   I expect that the
   traditional "double slash" behavior of Emacs filename input -- which
   is what rfn-eshadow fixes -- confuses far, _far_, more people.

I do not understand.  It confuses people who want to use empty file
or directory names?  I doudt that is going to work anyway.

Sincerely,

Luc.