Re: file-name-shadow-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: file-name-shadow-mode
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:26:20 +0900

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:24:38 -0500, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> How 'bout the patch below which makes no assumption (that I know of) about
> substitute-in-file-name, and will thus correctly even with weird
> magic file name handlers.

Um, I should note that the original code was designed to be fast and
not cons unnecessarily, because it runs on every keystroke -- that's
the reason it uses just a regexp match and a move-overlay.  Your
suggested replacement looks ... less careful.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.