Re: Todays exercise of sanity (or does "see" really match "not"?)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Todays exercise of sanity (or does "see" really match "not"?)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:08:04 +0200

>     1. Set both `invisible' and `display' properties.  It seems the
>        display engine ignores the `invisible' property when the `display'
>        property is present.  But isearch still respects it.
>
> I agree that that way is the best--if we decide that the current
> behavior when invisible and display are both present is the correct
> one.  Maybe it is the right behavior; I see no reason to think it
> should be changed.  But it would be nice to be really sure.

Even though adding the `invisible' property will allow isearch to skip
the text under the `display' property for Emacs packages where this is
desirable, it will not solve the original problem in Info reported
in the initial message of this thread.

Info-search operates on plain text Info files without text properties
set by Info-fontify.  So it should rely on pure syntactical elements
like `*Note ' tags.  This is implemented in my latest patch.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/