Re: Menu again.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Menu again.
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:28:47 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  > 2) Move Options=>Blinking Cursor to Appearence submenu?
>  >
>  >    [ ] Yes  [ ] No
>
> I don't have strong views about what goes in the options menu-bar but how
> about toggling the blinking cursor with a  mouse-3 click on the cursor?
> As in (mouse-save-then-kill):
>

>     (let ((click-posn (posn-point (event-start click)))
>         ;; Don't let a subsequent kill command append to this one:
>         ;; prevent setting this-command to kill-region.
>         (this-command this-command))
> +      (if (eq (point) click-posn) (blink-cursor-mode))
>
> Maybe its a bit too radical and possibly might seem unhelpful but I don't
> think I would click mouse-3 on the cursor accidently.

Uh, that's what one deletes text with.  Anyway, special mouse clicks
are useful for momentary actions, like selecting and deleting text or
opening a popup window.

I think it would be _very_ strange to let them toggle a preference
option (which one usually sets up once and saves), let alone cursor
blinking.