Layout of Emacs manual top mode in Info

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Layout of Emacs manual top mode in Info
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:15:16 +0200

After some feedback in the mailing list about that the top node of the
Emacs manual should first list the more important entries, and then a
detailed node list (which actually is exactly what it does), I have
checked the node in the info reader.  Result: the text

    Here are some other nodes which are really inferiors of the ones
    already listed, mentioned here so you can get to them in one step:

     --- The Detailed Node Listing ---

appears without any fontification, highlighting, boldface or other
offsetting, thus being much less conspicuous than the many
_subordinate_ headings before or after.

Just try paging through the node casually and stopping at the point
where the detailed node listing begins.  If you don't miss it on first
try, you have better reactions than I do.

Now the panick-stricken newbie will at one point just start paging
fast to see how much more is to be expected, and will reach the bottom
of the table of contents without realizing that he has perused _both_
a quick overview as well as a detailed node listing.

As a result, he will not read _anything_ because he feels that this is
all too much.

Would it be possible to offset the detailed node listing much more
prominently to avoid that effect?