Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:02:11 +0100

Hi David,

thanks for your friendly comments.

You are of course very right in that we should list the packages that we include in the distribution. We haven't done so as we have included a lot of things from people's publicly available .emacs files in addition to a number of large customizations, e.g. those from Drew Adams. We will include a list pretty soon though.

Please note that I didn't complain a lot about a lack of cooperation or attack anyone, and I also didn't suggest to make the main-stream Emacs more OS X like ("let us do everything the Apple way"). If possible, I would very much like to see that Emacs /allows/ us to customize its UI for a particular environment.

We can certainly help if the friendly people handling the Mac port would like to pick up some of the UI elements, such as the keyboard shortcuts, which probably do not conflict with other functionality. I have submitted bug reports on other UI problems, such as the scrollbars (not fixed), or a little patch for the file selector (fixed) already.

Best
David