Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:22:02 -0400

    There are embedded Linux systems that are most definitely not GNU, and
    for example the system at <URL:http://www.skarnet.org/poweredby.html>
    runs Linux, but not the GNU system.

Emacs is evidently not included, nor could it run without GNU libc.

    We can't demand correctness from others with regard to GNU/Linux that
    we are not willing to provide ourselves.

I agree, but I've already explained why this is correct.

    In my opinion that should be the one that does not expose us as
    hypocrites: that hurts more than anything else could...

My statements on the matter are sincere, not hypocritical.
You have no grounds to accuse me of dishonesty, and I take offense.