Re: Splitting and moving generic.el.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Splitting and moving generic.el.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:58:02 +0100

> It's an annoyance, yes.  But the build process runs
> list-load-path-shadows that should pinpoint such stale *.elc files.
> Doesn't it work for you?

I think the problem was that I was not running make bootstrap, due to
the fact that it takes a long time, and also something in my
environment has changed in the last couple of months that causes it to
fail while creating loaddefs.el with "Invalid escape sequence". I got
around this latter problem by using Cygwin bash instead of cmd.exe,
but I'm not sure what is different between this machine and my work
machine that doesn't have any problem compiling with cmd.exe.