Re: Finally a Patch that works!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Finally a Patch that works!
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:38:59 +0200

Askold <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey man, check out the discounts these guys are offering on enlarge
> patches!
>
> Steel Package: 10 Patches reg $79.95 Now $49.95 ! Free shipping too!

[...]

> Millions of men are taking advantage of this revolutionary new
> product - Don't be left behind!

Dear Askold,

Emacs is in feature freeze.  We accept only patches if they are fixing
problems, most particularly those outlined in admin/FOR-RELEASE.  In
particular, patches to further enlarge Emacs are not really desirable:
Emacs is large enough as it is.  Even if you are just talking about an
increase in whitespace (I vaguely seem to remember mails with a topic
like that), those may lead to later merging conflicts.