Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 22:05:27 +0300

> Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:13:23 +0200
> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
>
> tiff_load pushes EBX into the stack, and then goes around happily
> pushing arguments and calling functions from the TIFF library, which
> apparently don't remove their arguments from the stack (nor does it
> the tiff_load code). So the stack keeps growing

This sounds incredible.  MSVC generally produces good code, so I find
it hard to believe that it violates the C ABI, whereby the caller
should pop arguments off the stack.  Are you sure this is indeed what
happens?  Can you show some evidence, like disassembly of code around
the call to tiff_load, which would show how arguments are pushed onto
the stack and never popped off it?