Re: log-edit.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: log-edit.el
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 02:01:02 -0400

          (dolist (file files)
    !       ;; Prefix filename with a space to distinguish e.g fns.c xfns.c.
    !       (let* ((entries (log-edit-changelog-entries (concat " " file)))

This change is clearly the wrong way to do it.
The argument to log-edit-changelog-entries is supposed to be a file name.
If it doesn't work, you should fix it, not enshrine the error
by passing an arg that is not a file name.

    Also, I use log-edit-insert-changelog all the time but never use pcl-cvs.
    How about moving the node about log-edit from the pcl-cvs manual into
    the Emacs manual?

Ok, please do.

     > No objection here,

    OK, I will merge the node "Editing a Log Message" from the pcl-cvs manual
    into the node "Features of the Log Entry Buffer" in the Emacs manual.

When you propose to rearrange the manual, please wait for me to ok it.
Please don't go ahead and do it just because a single other person
says he likes the idea.