Re: Tips to suppress compilation warnings

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Tips to suppress compilation warnings
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:54:08 -0400

      mh-customize.el:2462:1:Warning: the function `Info-goto-node' might not be
          defined at runtime.

    However, I have this near the top of the file:

      (autoload 'Info-goto-node "info")

It seems to me that this is a compiler bug.  That call to autoload,
being in this file, should prevent the warning.

However, if Info-goto-node is a useful thing to use from outside Info,
perhaps it should be defined as autoloaded in info.el rather than in mh-e.