Re: "Recent" changes to compilation-mode?

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: "Recent" changes to compilation-mode?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:15:12 -0400

>     If I repeat the above process, but issue a build command that repeats
>     6 times, and then I hit `f4' *again* during compilation, the point
>     moves to the 2nd error in the source window and then after only a very
>     brief pause, jumps to the final error.
> Is this result repeatable?

> If so, it should be possible to narrow down
> what code is doing this, just by inserting statements like
>   (push (list 'place-5 (window-start)) debug-list)
> in various places.  (Set debug-list to nil first.)

Sorry, you're well beyond the scope of my understanding of how to
debug emacs.  I'm happy to try whatever you like, but I think I need
some more guidance, e.g.

  a. Some examples of those various places

  b. How to see the results of my changes

  c. How to understand those results

Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting