Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:37:18 +0200

David Abrahams wrote:

David Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

I have nothing to add to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-12/msg00364.html
except that it's happening for me, too.

Ideas, anyone?
I would be very glad to help fix this one if someone could give me a
few hints about where to set breakpoints, etc.

Actually, by chance, I just figured out what the problem is when I
introduced an error into my .emacs: I am hiding the toolbar, and the
amount of window shrinkage is exactly equal to the height of the
toolbar.

I used to have
(custom-set-variables
'(toolbar-visible-p nil)
)

and when I added

'(tool-bar-originally-present nil)

to the customizations, the crazy window shrinkage disappeared.  This
ought to be enough to tell somebody how to fix the actual problem.

There seems to be something wrong with the w32 for taking care of maximized windows. I just discovered that you actually can move a maximized window too. That should not be possible. And the maximized window does not have the height it should - it is a little bit to smaller than it should be.