Re: Comint read-only-prompt

From: JD Smith
Subject: Re: Comint read-only-prompt
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:10:02 -0700

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 16:28 -0500, Luc Teirlinck wrote:
> I managed to duplicate the "Text is read-only" warning with a
> different program.  But if I understand you correctly, if you set
> comint-prompt-read-only to nil, you of course no longer get the
> warning, but the duplicate input still does not get deleted.  That is
> the behavior I observe with my program too (the mathematical software
> package GAP).  GAP has a special command line option to get around
> this when it is called from within Emacs.

When read-only is nil, process-echoes functions normally, and I get only
one input echoed; i.e. the duplicate input *is* deleted (but the prompt
is erasable).  So, by default, I have the same usability as before
(modulo my hacked up idlw-roprompt advise functions), but am looking
forward to using prompt-read-only.

Thanks,

JD