Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 06:38:03 +0900

On 6/9/05, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> According to display-supports-face-attributes-p, the console
> implemented by Linux supports underline.  But underlining is not
> visible.
>
> Is display-supports-face-attributes-p wrong, or is there a bug
> in displaying underlines?

At least on my system (a vaguely up-to-date Debian "sarge"), the
terminfo entry for TERM=linux _claims_ an underlining capability:

   (miles) TERM=linux infocmp -L
   #       Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /etc/terminfo/l/linux
   linux|linux console,
           enter_underline_mode=\E[4m, erase_chars=\E[%p1%dX,
           exit_underline_mode=\E[24m,

However my actual linux (VGA) console seems to display this as bold.

Perhaps this is a bug in the "linux" terminfo entry.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.