Re: After compose key cursor or function keys don't work

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: After compose key cursor or function keys don't work
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:47:26 +0200

    Jan> I suspect that for some reason compose_status is not right, around
    Jan> line 6276 there is a break that in effect ignores key presses.

Good guess. It seems as if the data in compose_status wont be changed when
I press e.g. an arrow key. Therefore if I try to press an arrow key right
after finishing a compose sequence compose_status.chars_matched is still set
to 3. Thus the if statement, you pointed me to, will be executed:

          if (compose_status.chars_matched > 0 && nbytes == 0)
            break;

It works, if I reset compose_status, once a compose sequence is complete,
i.e. if I change the line above to (not very nice, I know, since it uses the
internals of compose_status):

            if (compose_status.chars_matched > 0)
            {
              if (nbytes == 0)
                break;
              else if (compose_status.chars_matched == 3)
                compose_status.chars_matched = 0;
            }

HTH

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before
the white men came, an Indian said simply "Ours." -- Vine Deloria, Jr.