Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:46:07 -0400

    To me mouse-2 is familiar for activating links, as in going from a
    message summary buffer to reading an email message; mouse-1 is not.  I
    use mouse-1 to set point and I use it frequently.

You are an experienced Emacs user, not a beginner coming to Emacs from
other GUIs.  We've decided that this default should be good for them,
because you know how to change it.

    It is a direct quote, but I think there is a problem. The full
    paragraph is:

Thanks.  I will rewrite that part.

    I thought "bollix" was a swear on par with fuck.

Maybe you mean bollocks.  "Bollix" means to throw a mechanism
or system into disarray.

The other suggestions have been useful too.  Thanks.