Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:46:25 -0400

    Gnus, compile and grep buffers are lists. They are not really like
    hypertext in that there is no or little text to click on that is not
    mouse sensitive. This makes it inconvenient to click to set the mouse
    position.

I can't comment on Gnus, which I don't use.  In Compilation and Grep
modes, only the file names and line numbers respond to mouse-1.  They
also show a mouse face.

Perhaps we should underline them to make them look more like a link.
How about that?