Re: Problems building emacs-21.2 on IRIX with gcc-3.4.4

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Problems building emacs-21.2 on IRIX with gcc-3.4.4
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:39:12 -0400

    >From Eric, the difference in .data.* sections between gcc-3.3 and
    gcc-3.4:
      (1) for 3.3: .data .data.rel.ro
      (2) for 3.4: .data .data.rel .data.rel.local

    Any way to get unexelf.c to merge all the .data* sections?

Is it really right to merge them?  Shouldn't it preserve the identity
of each one?  (I am not sure, just guessing.)

In any case, we would like someone to make this change, but
IRIX is not terribly high priority.  We won't delay the release
for it, but we hope someone will do this.